Shabbat Shalom, Nefesh community! We’d love for you to join us for Service tonight at 7pm PT.
Pesach: Passover starts next weekend, March 27
- See our Nefesh Passover Guide with regular updates
- Subscribe to the Nefesh Pesach Playlist
- Plastover: Rabbi Susan Goldberg worked with NuRoots and Reboot on this drive to go without plastic for Pesach this year.
- Plastover: An Exodus from Plastic Waste (video)
- Plastover resources and checklist (Google Drive link), and
- www.rebooters.net/plastover for full details
- March 31: JQ International and NuRoots are proud to join forces to present a nonbinary NuMoon Circle, a space for nonbinary, trans, and gender-questioning Jews to gather, connect, learn, and grow as a community.
- New music from Ari Herstand: Birthday (listen here)
- Join Nefesh at “Let My People Go!” a Passover car rally for immigration justice against the expansion of the Adelanto detention facility for immigrants Tuesday Mar 30 at 9am FB link here: https://www.facebook.com/events/472526427121304/
- Nefesh is now a member organization of LA Voice! Angel Mortel joins us this Shabbat (3/19) to speak about the group’s work. LA Voice is a multi-racial, multi-faith community organization that awakens people to their own power, training them to organize together to transform our County into one that reflects the dignity of all people. lavoice.org
- Register for our Nefesh LA Voice meeting with our organizer Angel and Rev. Zach Hoover, Thursday April 8, 6-730PT: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86975140549?pwd=MXI1T3ZrRVF2RUZwWVVMMyt3ME1jQT09
- JFLA Jewish Free Loan Association: 0% interest loans up to $3,000.
- Food to Life: Jewish Community Services of Orange County and Los Angeles operates several commercial kosher kitchens and has provided over 200,000 meals to veterans, seniors and those in need. These meals are freshly prepared and delivered to the door of the recipient