Educational and spiritual growth offerings in Los Angeles or virtually from anywhere
Torah, t’filah, mussar, collective singing, and spiritual growth practices for adults
The High Holy Days are coming! Spiritually prepare during the month of Elul. Check out the Elul Offerings below.
Adult Education | לִמּוּד
Grow and learn with Nefesh. Adult learning classes on Mussar, Torah, and prayer with Rabbi Susan Goldberg and guest teachers. Group singing for all experience levels. Classes both in person in Los Angeles and online wherever you are.
Thursday, October 5 from 12-1:30pm – Brownbag Lunch & Learn with Rabbi Aaron in Sukkah – details HERE.
More fall offerings will be announced soon.
Makom – Jewish Learning for Kids | מְקוֹם
Robust content, creative expression, and practical tools for building Jewish life for TK-B’nai Mitzvah.
The word makom means “place”, and we are developing an understanding that every place can be a Jewish place. Using art, storytelling, text study, discussion, service learning, music, and movement – we offer a full bodied experience of Jewish education!
Weekend classes focus on:
- Blessings/T’filah: to learn, unpack, and appreciate prayer
- Middot: our soul traits, which we apply to real life situations
- Torah: examining and questioning the story behind the story; learning to interpret themes
- Hebrew: learning to read Hebrew, studying the Aleph-Bet, and building vocabulary for Jewish prayer, middot, and Torah.
- Jews around the World: learning about our diverse, global Jewish experiences, indentities, and practices
B’nai Mitzvah | בְּנֵי מִצְוָה
The Nefesh B’nai Mitzvah program embraces our inner lives and spiritual growth; care, responsibility and knowledge of others; and the repair of the world. We believe that becoming a B’nai Mitzvah at any age is an individual moment and a collective moment all at once. It is about your story and the story of our people.
If you are interested in exploring having a B’nai Mitzvah with Nefesh, please contact us and someone will be in touch with you.