Shabbat Shalom, Nefesh community! We’d love for you to join us for Service tonight at 7pm PT.
This Weekend with Nefesh (Shareable link of weekend round-up here)
- Elder Group is 9:30am Sunday for socializing and meaningful discussion
- Queer Jewish Book Club meets again Sunday 2/21 3:00 PT
- Nefesh White Jewish Antiracist Training and Dialogue continues 2/21, 4:30 PT
Purim is Next Week! 🎭
- Join Nefesh Purim on Thursday, Feb 25, 7pm PT!
- 6:30pm making noise makers together for kids and adults and Purim songs
- 7pm Megillah reading, crazy games, and costume parades!
- Have your beverages ready for our Purim game! Green juice, OJ, water, schnapps, vodka, etc!
- Trader Joe’s Purim Hack: Two-Ingredient Hamantaschen (Kveller)
And Mark your calendars:
- Death over Dinner to mark the one year of COVID TIMES Tuesday March 16 @ 7pm PT
Black History Month
- We recognize and elevate Black History Month! See our Facebook and Instagram all month for more, and check this blog
- Check the Spotify playlist from Bobby Apperson: Nefesh Mixtape Vol. 6 (February)
- We Must Renew Jewish-Black Brotherhood, Jewish Journal, 2/5
- Jewish Voices in Black History, Jewish Journal, 2/18,
- Please share this survey from the Jews of Color Initiative [Survey link]
- Check out this amazing Jewish Black History Lesson Plan Resource by Tarece L. Johnson, MBA, MPA, EdD (Google Doc)
- Bend the Arc SoCal has a Jews of Color Virtual Shabbat on Friday, 2/26 at 5:30 p.m. A coming-together for people of color who identify as Jewish, no matter their level of involvement
- Nefesh Queer Jewish Book Club meets again Sunday 2/21 3:00 PT
- The Radical Beauty of Queering the Torah, Shelly Jay Shore, Hey Alma, February 10, 2021
- Follow Nesh Magazine for more on inspirational Black Jews; Nesh Magazine aims to be the world’s first publication about Queer Jewish people, culture, and issues and they’re taking submissions
- Nonbinary Numoon Circle with JQ International and Nuroots, Weds Feb 24
- Are you a courageous and compassionate leader looking to make a difference alongside the Jewish community? Serve the Moment mobilizes young adults and college students (ages 18-29) through a part-time stipended fellowship program from March 15-May 21, 2021 (Join the Corps)
- Rainbow Lev: Jewish LGBTQ+ Teen Leadership Program begins March 3 (Ritualwell)
- Mutual Aid Groups Are Embodying Tikkun Olam During the Texas Snowstorm, Hey Alma
- How to help Texas, and how the Jewish community is showing up: