Shabbat Shalom, Nefesh community! Here’s a look at what’s coming up. We hope to connect with you soon! Our next service together is Friday, February 5, 7pm.
- SHABBAT: Last sermon video, today’s Friday poem
- SURVEYS: Jews of Color Survey and Nefesh Survey: Community Perspectives on Israel and Palestine
- EVENTS: Seder next week; February learning
- COMMUNITY: New song from Charlie Hickey, meet Ian Schiffer
New video: Last Shabbat Sermon
Friday Afternoon Poem
- Please share this survey from the Jews of Color Initiative: https://gse.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3eqj8R4roXgrsC9
- Nefesh Survey: Community Perspectives on Israel and Palestine
Coming Up on the Calendar:
Two Thursday learning opportunities in February, and our next gathering together.
- Nefesh Tu B’Shevat Seder is Wednesday is 1/27. Join us 8pm as we celebrate and show gratitude the bounty from trees.
- Queer Talmud Study Feb 4, 11, and 18, 7pm Eastern (4pm Pacific) with SAJ, Judaism that Stands for All.
- Writing Ourselves into the Story: Torah-Poetry Discussion and Workshop with Nefesh Kin, Leila Bilick is Thursdays in February, 7pm
- Introduction to Mussar: Join our 4-part class on Middot (Jewish values) learning, once monthly
Check out Charlie Hickey’s new track!
Nefesh Associate Music Director, Sally Dworsky, is Charlie’s mother.
Meet an Innofaither:
Meet Ian Schiffer, Community Weaver for the Nefesh spiritual community, a Dalai Lama Fellow, community organizer, connector, spiritual wrestler, and committed seeker of justice for all people.