- This event has passed.
New Moon Shabbat in Echo Park
November 5, 2021 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm PDT
Come join Nefesh for a special Friday New Moon Shabbat in-person or on Zoom with At the Well and NuRoots.
In this exciting sacred moment where the new moon of Kislev falls on Shabbat, Nefesh is thrilled to welcome this marking of time in collaboration with NuRoots and At The Well. Together we will bring a warm wellness welcome to Shabbat through song, joy and community, followed by a Rosh Chodesh circle honoring the new moon.
Join us for a beautiful Shabbat service and an evening of song, rituals, speakers, community engagement activities, and an overall opportunity to renew our spirits after over a year of isolation.
This multidimensional event will be a gathering with a full Shabbat service outdoors with masks including candlelighting and ASL interpretation followed by kiddush, hamotzi and a unique wellness circle. In this 30 minute circle, we will shine light on our relationships, sit in ritual, and spend time coming into ourselves. Connect with us in sacred space, calling in the new month.
The service and New Moon circle will follow local Los Angeles COVID protocols or you can join from home on ZoomRSVP for In-Person NuMoon Shabbat with Nefesh, NuRoots, and ATW
Guided by the Hebrew calendar and the rituals of Rosh Chodesh, Well Circles connect people around the world through transformative practices inspired by ancient Jewish wisdom. This experience is for all people.
Learn more about our Well Circles—and how At The Well can help you start your own.
- Join Nefesh for a musical Friday Shabbat service on the first and third Fridays of the month!
- Doors open at 6:30
- Register above to immediately get the Zoom link and the option to add it straight to your calendar
- Online Siddur provided for the service, and Purchase a Siddur for at home
- Accessibility: Nefesh provides captions at all our Zoom video services as well as an ASL interpreter at the first Friday Shabbat of each month
- Don’t miss a Shabbat: Join the Nefesh mailing list for once-weekly updates