- This event has passed.
Nefesh Sunday Boost: Middah Study
December 6, 2020 @ 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm PST
Their Stories, Our Stories
Torah study Sundays November – May (adults) and November through January (kids)
Join Rabbi Susan as she opens wide the stories of our ancestors in the Torah bringing an intimacy and shared imagination. This class we will focus on the stories of our beautiful and flawed matriarchs and patriarchs that hold such possibility for exploration in our lives. Enter into the narratives and poetics that have shaped our people over the centuries and continue to everyday. And what about what is not in the text? Who are those that are in Torah but with little voice? What are the stories calling out to be heard? Rabbi Susan will share story, text, song, poetry to deepen and widen an endless path of Torah.
You are encouraged to attend the whole series but welcome to attend the ones you are able. Each session will center in a different story and all levels of Torah learning experience are welcome from first timers to regulars.
Adults & Parents: November to May
- First Sundays: Nov 1 & Dec 6, 2020;
- Jan 10, 2021 (2nd Sunday);
- Feb 7, March 7, April 4, May 2
- Torah study with Rabbi Susan Goldberg (11am to 12:15pm), followed by:
12:30 – 1:30pm Middah Study Group
Adults can continue from Torah study at 11am for a Middah study group, or join for either one alone.
- Each time we meet, we will focus on one middah (chesed, rachamim, seder, zerizut etc). The conversation will be led by Rabbi Susan Goldberg, and then we will break into facilitated small groups to explore a middah that you are focusing on in your life.
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Holiness-Jewish-Spiritual-Mussar/dp/1590306090/