- This event has passed.
Nefesh Sunday Boost 5781 for Kids
January 10, 2021 @ 9:30 am – 10:45 am PST
Their Stories, Our Stories
Nefesh Sunday Boost is a family learning program for both kids and parents. Developed by Rabbi Susan Goldberg, founding rabbi of Nefesh, Boost will take an expansive approach to Jewish spirituality, making the ancient stories of our tradition resonant, personal and relatable for the whole family. Sunday Boost will provide kids and parents with immersion and literacy in the Jewish tradition.
Each meeting of Nefesh Boost focuses on three areas of study:
- Prayer: opening up Jewish prayers/poems to their deeper meanings
- Torah: Learning our people’s stories in dynamic, developmentally appropriate and creative ways
- Mussar (middot study) – spiritual character development from our deepest Jewish values, such as chesed (kindness), rachamim (compassion); savlanut (patience)
We will meet one Sunday/month on Zoom, from 9:30 – 11:00 am for kids, 11:00 – 1:30 pm for adults.
Kids Boost 5781: November through January
- Nov 1 & Dec 6, 2020; Jan 10, 2021 (Sundays)
- 9:30 – 9:35 Gather
- 9:35 – 10:00 Morning Service (25 minutes)
A dynamic, music filled, morning service for the whole family with Rabbi Susan and the Nefesh musicians. We will be learning while doing! The service will be an opportunity to learn and experience the prayers/poems in a way that creates meaning and connection. Here is one of our prayers/songs, Courage.
- 10:00 – 10:30 Torah storytelling – broken out by “classes” K – 2; 3 – 4; 5 – 6.
Learning our people’s stories from the Torah in developmentally appropriate and creative ways.
- 10:30 – 10:45 Middah study: Group conversation led by Rabbi Susan Goldberg, about a middah that we will be working on together, such as chesed (kindness), rachamim (compassion); savlanut (patience); zerizut (enthusiasm).